Starting from Ker Ys, the sunken city, dark troops are progressing to gain a foothold on human earth. Sent by the terrifying Ankou, a horde of evil beings writhe through the crevices to emerge in the middle of the forest. To their surprise, however, the Sylvan council of Karnag was aware of their arrival and had already sent its druids to counter them. Using their sylvan spells, these human Elects, conscious of being the final barrier, try to contain the invasion surfacing from the very depths.
Obtain magical points (MP) by preventing evil creatures from invading the human world. These creatures come from the underwater Ker-Ys city.
In turn, the players place all elements of the game area (wall ruins, swamps). Four creatures are introduced in the game and will progress from the door (in the centre of a glade) towards either side of the game board (representing the druids’ path surrounding the glade). Creatures’ moves are pre-defined and happen automatically. The players place their team of three druids whose role is to prevent the creatures from invading the human world. Energy markers are set at the start level and the knowledge track markers are set under the tracks. The pile of Power cards is shuffled and placed near the board.
The game consists of a defined number of rounds (depending on number of players). Every round is composed of the following phases:
- The creatures already on the board progress towards the side of the board using a totally automatic way of moving and new creatures arrive.
- The six Action tiles are shuffled and placed one by one forming a line, face up. These tiles represent all possible actions, each tile being separated into a major and a minor action. The number of places available on the tiles depends on the number of players.
- Each druid team carries out 5 actions a round. Actions can be: moving the druids, setting a magical stone, capturing creature(s), progressing in knowledge tracks, preparing magical beverages, moving a magical stone, acquiring Power cards, and influencing a creature.
- Actions are performed marker by marker, from left to right, starting with the major actions before doing the minor ones.
At the end of each round, all stones that are aligned and of the same colour automatically become menhirs. Menhirs have a special property that will be activated at the end of the game.
The game is finished after 5 or 6 rounds, depending on the number of players. In addition to the MP gained during the game, players receive MP according to the magical stones still on the board and the Power cards still in their hands. Also, the final menhir layout is important and can afford MP. The winner is the player with the highest MP score.
|Dimensions||30 × 25 × 8 cm|
- Belgium: Geronimo
- Luxemburg: Geronimo
- The Netherlands: Geronimo
- 1 set of rules and 6 quick reference guides in 3 languages (FR, EN, DE),
- 1 board,
- 1 die with sides numbered 2-3-3-3-4-4,
- 30 Creature tokens: 15 golems, 5 ghouls, 5 black shadows, 5 najas,
- 6 Action tiles,
- 6 chips to mask disallowed actions, depending on the number of players,
- 4 tiles to modify the number of places on the Cauldron spaces,
- 1 red disk (to indicate the number of the round),
- 8 black cubes,
- 36 cards,
- 13 obstacle tiles, (6 Rock, 3 Swamp, 4 Rock-Swamp mix),
- 3 druids x 5 colours,
- 5 disks x 5 colours,
- 8 cubes x 5 colours,
- 3 gemstones x 5 colours,
- 7 menhirs x 5 colours.